The big kids went back to school on Monday and Mia is on Spring Break this week. So, we headed out to Build A Bear to spend her gift card from her birthday. She chose to make a bunny and had a great time playing with her friend Molly. Now, perhaps life can get back to a little normalness...whatever that is!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
The Last Few Weeks
Well, where have we been? Hospitals. It all started about March 5th - Mia had a fever, vomiting, stomach bug. Then everything seemed to go downhill from there! Max also had a fever, stomach bug, and a horrible cough. It wasn't until he couldn't breathe (and sounded a WAY bit scary) that I took him to the ER and found out he had croup. CROUP?? But really we did everything like when he got it as a baby, and he's good as new!
On March 12th, our MJ got her tonsils out. What was supposed to be a simple recovery turned out to be 2 weeks of chaos. Here she is before surgery on the "happy" meds.
And here she is 7 days later - listless and severely dehydrated. This was right after the IV was put in and before our overnight stay in the hospital. She wasn't drinking/eating like she was supposed to - and no matter how much I fought with her to drink, it wasn't happening. So after frustration, chapped lips and looking at how yellow she was...it was time to head downtown to Children's. I'm grateful the nurses took such great care of her, and after 2 bags of fluid...
she played her "own" Wii and I watched Buckeye basketball. She slept through the night - I did not. The hospital "chairbeds" aren't exactly the most comfortable!
The next morning we were released and by this past Saturday (day 15), Megan was anxious to get out of the house. She'd spent most of her spring break inside and resting, so a free Michael's craft event is exactly what she needed!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You've had a really rough time lately. You're keeping the hospitals in business. Hope life gets a lot more relaxing.
Wow, that was a tough week+
Glad everyone is better.
Wow!! I hope everyone is healed and enjoying their Easter weekend. The last few months sure have been tough on your family, haven't they?
I hope you have a very blessed Easter!!
Post a Comment