Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last Day of School Together

IMG_0389

Megan and Max had their last day of school on Tuesday, June 7th.  This was their last day of school together until high school.  Sounds so weird.  Megan has depended on him through the first few years of preschool and now in elementary.  I didn’t get choked up until I saw them walking to the bus stop for the last time together.

IMG_0396

Call me emotional. But they are so close and it will be hard for both of them to be separated by middle school next year.

Later I managed to get up to school for 5th grade field day, and the clap out.  For those not familiar with a clap out – all the parents, students, and teachers line up through the hallways, to clap out the 5th grade class on to middle school.  It is a big celebration for them, and a lot of parents were crying. Not me, as I shed those tears early at the bus.

IMG_0400

Here is Max’s teacher, Mrs. Brenner. She is the most kind and compassionate 5th grade teacher I know. Not only did she demand good grades and effort, but she taught them lifelong lessons of character and respect. Max (and I ) will never forget her.

IMG_0408

Soon after field day broke for lunch, I headed to Megan’s 2nd grade class party where they were playing minute to win it games.  Can you see the concentration on her face?

IMG_0409

And here’s the 5th grade clap out – the one picture I got of him going through the halls of elementary for the last time!

IMG_0425

And here’s my middle schooler. What happened to those 6 years of elementary? They went by way too fast. Off to Hyatts next year!

IMG_0427sq

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, Middle School! I will be dealing with that once next year is over for K! :(