Friday, April 16, 2010

Texas Girls Weekend


I was privileged enough to get away last weekend to Dallas and Austin for a girls getaway. My friend Jenny hosted us a few years ago, and since then, we haven't been back. This time, we had a great time, and all Jenny had to say was "You're coming to Texas" and I was there! (See Jenny you have that effect on me - ha!)
Jenny and I
We ate wonderful food the whole weekend. Here's Michelle and I on the boat - heading over to breakfast at a marina cafe. It was great to sit outside and hang on the deck. It was a perfect morning!

After lounging by the pool in the afternoon, we got dressed for dinner at a local winery. Here are our hosts - Steve and Shereda James (Jenny's in-laws). They are the most wonderful people I've met, and love to have us... be careful we may just keep coming back!
After our bluebonnet photo shoot - we went to this local winery for dinner. The grounds were beautiful...vines and bluebonnets all over! There was even a swan in the pond.
Thanks girls for a great weekend of visiting, laughs, wine and food!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Aw... looks so relaxing... and it was! Loved that you flew down for the weekend. Fun to pick up where we left off. Great friends, Great memories!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad you flew down for the weekend ... it was great to have some time with you.

In His Grip said...

I had so much fun with you. It makes me miss you all the more. Thanks for coming down.