Fifteen years. Some people say that is an accomplishment in this day and age. I say I married for life, and I’m so thankful for my wonderful husband. On September 2nd we celebrated 15 years of marriage with watching our Buckeyes beat Marshall. And the next day left for paradise!We haven’t taken a trip since Max was 18 months old, so this year we planned and saved to be able to go away. We flew to Cancun for a quick weekend. It was absolutely breathtaking. Here was the view from our room. We stayed at the El Dorado Resort in Rivera Maya – a recommendation from my friend Jenny who stayed there in May. (Thanks Jenny!) We flew early Friday, Sept. 3rd through Miami and made it through to the resort by 1:00. It was hot and our room wasn’t ready, but we grabbed some lunch, and waited for the room. On the way I bonked my head (and had a large cut/bump) on the golf cart. Then the concierge told us the anniversary packaged wasn’t included (and the travel agent had booked it). After we argued and had a few tears (me), we finally worked it all out and by evening we hit the beach. (and grabbed our Mojitos!)
They had comfy couches to chill out on…a beautiful view of cruise ships passing by, and lots of lounge chairs on the beach. I think we dozed off a few minutes just enjoying the scenery!
After the sunset, we headed back to change for dinner. They have 7-10 restaurants on the resort, so we hit the Italian one the first night. Each restaurant is like a 5-Star menu, and because it is all-inclusive, it was strange not to tip, wait for the bill – just get up and leave!
Day 2 was simply put – the best day. We headed for breakfast (and saw lots of iguanas to/from) and after that changed into swimsuits for the day. Simply put – we did nothing but nap, lay in the sun, and swim (and drink!). The bartender outside our building was Alberto, and his waitress was Verda. They both made sure we were taken care of for the day- even if we didn’t want anything! When the sunset faded, we hit the beach for dinner. It was a wonderful meal for our Anniversary. Our own private dinner on the beach. With a sax player that couldn’t really play..but it was romantic nonetheless.
The last day of paradise we biked the resort and spent time again at the pool. We also ate at another great restaurant – Kampai which was Asian cuisine. It was delicious! A great way to top off our trip. Here are some pictures around the resort as well – and a hermit crab outside our door. We thought Meg would appreciate all the animals around!
And finally on Monday, since we flew on miles, we had an early flight out to Dallas. We had a 5 hour layover and so we were able to see some friends. Thanks to the VanderHoeks who picked us up and took us back. We had such a short but wonderful visit. We also met up with Jenny and Michelle for lunch. So, I had Scott take a picture of me with my buddies! I miss them a lot, but so happy I can see and talk to them on a regular basis! L-R (Kim, Me, Michelle, and Jenny)
Thanks also to those who watched an cared for our 3 blessings while we were away – My friend Teri…and my mom and dad. We couldn’t have without your efforts – so THANK YOU!
And to my wonderful husband who has given me the family I’ve always wanted – thank you for the last 15 years – I wouldn’t change a thing or want to spend it with anyone else. I love you! Here’s to the next 15…or lots more!



2 comments:
What a great trip ... and so fun that you got to see some Dallas girls on the way back!
You are such a beautiful couple. So glad you had fun.
Post a Comment