Saturday, November 27, 2010

GOTCHA Day!

On November 19th we celebrated 4 years with our baby girl.  Seems like forever ago that we first held her in China.  We have fond memories of that trip, and are grateful for the time spent in our daughter’s homeland. We have seen Mia come so far, from a scared little girl to the most outgoing in our household.  The girl never stops talking, is always happy, and talks to everyone that will wave or say hello.   She doesn’t know a stranger. 

The first thing we did on Gotcha Day was a field trip to Kroger with Mia’s preschool class.  She LOVES her school, so I signed up to drive her and her friend Charlotte to the big event!IMG_0380 After school I attempted a photo session with my spunky girl.  She was tired, but made sure I got a few good shots!IMG_0381 IMG_0383 IMG_0386 IMG_0391 IMG_0402

And finally, we went to her favorite restaurant – Red Robin.  Don’t ask me why she loves to go there, but every time we asked her, no Chinese, just noodles from Red Robin!  She loves her family and especially her sister and brother.  We love her.  God knew what he was doing when Mia came to live with our family – that’s something we absolutely believe. Happy Gotcha Day Mia Anne FuNila!! We love you!

IMG_0408IMG_0406 IMG_0407

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Gotcha Day! She is so beautiful! I'm kinda sad she has not grown up in Texas. And for the record, my family loves Red Robin too!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

We love you pretty girl! Happy Gotcha 4!!

In His Grip said...

She is georgeous. I love your family, the tress are great- Miss you.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That made me teary. What a blessing you all are for each other - it couldn't have been more perfect. Stacy, she is SO beautiful!