It was only a few days after Bailey passed that I started looking for another dog. It didn’t take long. I came across an internet site with this picture. “Purple Boy” was his name.
I knew we were always going to get another dog, I just didn’t know how soon it would be. Everyday I would come home and cry when I didn’t see Bailey at the door. I was tired of crying everyday!
So, we visited a pet store one day to see how the kids would react. They played with all different kinds of puppies. And, we really liked one. But before we decided on the dog, I wanted to do some research. Never before did I have to worry about what kind of family dog we wanted. Now I had a list. Great with kids, loving, trainable, and of course CUTE!
I convinced Scott to call the breeder of “Purple Boy”. She spent 2 hours on the phone with us and the kids answering questions, telling about her, the dogs, etc. You could tell that they were well loved!
The next morning, we placed a hold on “Purple Boy”. And she sent us this updated picture.
Yep. We were in love. She even sent us a video so that we could see how he played. The next thing you know we were picking him up at the airport from Illinois on Thursday before Easter! After a trip to Pet People, we had all the necessities. Bones, food, toys, and who wouldn’t love a Buckeye Bed?
Of course I shed some tears along the way – cleaning out Bailey’s basket and toys, and making room for a new puppy – not only the stuff but in my heart as well.
The kids were always super excited, but we needed to decide on a name. It was a toss up between Brutus, or Griffin (oh and Mia wanted Bubbles). Once we met him, Griffin it was! (named after 2 time Heisman trophy winner Archie Griffin!)
Here we are waiting at Cargo pick up – luckily the kids had the day off of school!
Our first glimpse..
He was a little messy from the trip… who wouldn’t be scared to go on a plane?
We called our favorite groomer, The Dog Wash, here in Powell. They could fit him right in with a bath and nail clipping before heading home.
We played a little bit there since he had to dry. Everyone was excited!
When we arrived home, our neighbors, friends, and Grandma and Grandpa came to greet him and we hung out on the driveway for a bit before bringing him inside. He was right at home!
We are looking forward to the next 10-15 years with him. Thanks for coming to our family Griffin! We love you already!



1 comment:
What a great adventure and a cute new family member!
Post a Comment