
We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We traveled to Indiana to visit my bro and family. The kids had such a great time seeing their cousins...and Mia is still talking about Buckeye (their lovable black lab)! Thursday we traveled over and had a great Turkey Dinner, along with football and fun!

Mia's weekend was complete with following Buckeye around. He had a friend at his level for food, kisses, and playtime!

Scott and I took the girls downtown to the Chicago American Girl Place on Friday night. The girls were in awe. Mia liked seeing all the babies (and got "2 girl babies..no want a boy"). Katy was happy with glasses and a Christmas outfit for her doll Kit, and Megan lucked out with Elizabeth, a blond curly hair doll. If I had a store like that when I was a kid - my parents would have gone broke! We've hidden all the items since we arrived home and the girls will see them again on Christmas day! Here's Mom with her girl of the year. She turned and looked up at the sign. She says "M-I-A spells Mia...dats my name Mom!" - what a smart girl!
Saturday morning, we celebrated our nephew's 13th birthday - 13? Really, we can't believe he's that old - and a teen to boot! We had steak and egg omlets for breakfast, and then Matthew opened presents and we had cake too! Happy Birthday buddy!
4 comments:
Smart, sweet, and adorable! What a special place for the girls to visit.
When we were in NYC we saw the huge MIA display the AG store. I totally thought of you guys! So glad Mia got to see the doll that shares her name!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving.
I am going to "visit" the AG store this week. Just a touch nervous as it might be all too overwhelming for me. :)
Way to go, Mia! Lila can spell her name too but I'm not sure if she'd recognize it on a store wall or not. That's great!
Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment