Christmas Eve 2006 in Georgia
For me, I have the memories of fixing him dinner, making him coffee, our shopping trip to pick out new furniture, and to get clothes for his Alaska trip. He was forever trusting my opinion on things...I have no idea why! I will miss his calls when Scott is out of town...seeing if I need anything or just checking on the kids. I'll miss taking him to kid events, and watching him read to Mia, taking Max to cub scouts, and sharing Megan's artwork...which is everywhere in his house. Of course there will be many more things to miss, but that is just the start.
Moving Day - May 2008
My kids are missing him already. Max had a hard time carrying on to school, Megan has drawn multiple pictures with her and Grandpa, or GJ (Grandpa John) on hearts. And Mia, well she's really not undertanding, but she will miss her Friday afternoons reading books with him while I'm copying papers for Kindergarten. We are grateful for the time spent with him, the move he made, being closer to us, and just everything about him. We'll miss him, but also know he joined his wife and daughter in heaven.
Father's Day 2008
Scott and I appreciate everything you have done - the phone calls, emails, everything. We really are blessed for the wonderful family and friends we have. And, even though we don't know much how to carry on without him, we know we will. It will just take time.
PS Why "Grandpa John"? Well, the kids called him that. They'd always say "which Grandpa" and I'd say "Grandpa John or Grandpa Goofy" (my dad's nickname). Eventually it stuck in their minds and they ended up calling him that. It makes me sad they won't ask which Grandpa anymore.



7 comments:
Stacy, I am really, really sad for you and wish I could come hug your neck. There are no "comforting words" in times like these, but I hope that you find comfort in knowing just how very much you are loved!
Stacy & Scott, we are grieving for you. I know it will be hard for both of you in so many ways. He sounds like a wonderful man. Stacy, he asked your opinion and checked in on you because he loved you like a daughter. You were both so good to him. Know that we are praying for you and are just a phone call away. We love you!
I'm so sad for you guys. What a loss. It sounds like you're left with geat memories of him and I'm so glad. Praying for all of you.
Oh, Stace... so sad for you and Scott. I know how much you loved him. So glad you guys got to live so close to be able to spend lots of quality time with him the past few years. Grandpa John sounds so much like your own husband. Clearly the apple didn't fall far from the tree. You know how much we love you and wish we could be there for you in person!
I'm so sad for your loss, Stacy. I do think that it is wonderful that you were able to live close to him and that your children have made memories with him that will live on. I'm praying for you & love you guys!!
I'm very sorry for your loss. We will keep your family in our prayers.
Caryn & Aslan
This makes me so sad for you guys. What a great Tribute you wrote about him. I am so sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment