Sunday, August 23, 2009

Family Camp Out

Last weekend was our den's family camp out for Cub Scouts. Not much family camping here :) Really I was going to go, but Mia is too young, and when we saw the itinerary for the weekend of the activities, we thought it best I stay behind with the girls. Really. I was going to camp.

We have never bought a tent, so this time we purchased one. It is an 8 person (although fits 2 comfortably Scott says). They each had a queen air mattress and a fan. Much needed on the 90+ weekend they had. (I love camping in the heat, so really I missed out!)

Apparently Max thought it was great - he slept both nights like a baby!


On Saturday, the day was packed full of activities, like repelling and learning to make a fire, cooking their parents dinner on the fire, and roasting marshmallows for SMORES. Max didn't take to repelling. And here's why.

A big mountain. Max is afraid of heights..so he says. So after getting up to the top..not so graciously decided to hit the road (literally ran away in tears!). Scott found him later and convinced him he needed to try. So he got suited up - but nope..didn't go down. I personally don't blame him, although I think I would have tried. It looked pretty cool.
So instead, Scott took 2 trips down the mountain. And Max graciously took pictures! Maybe he'll earn a badge in photography instead!


5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That looks like a great weekend!

amy said...

Wow! I'm jealous... we don't get to go rapelling at our campouts! :) Other than the heat, it looks like it was a really fun weekend.

Julie said...

Scott is a brave man!
It looks cool, but I am with Max - little too high for me! :)

ranch pizza said...

Stacy camping? I think not. That would be like me camping!! :)

Tell Max it is fun going down, not so fun if you have to free climb up.

Jenny said...

How is that an 8 person tent??

Glad they had fun. I would be like Max and opt out. Scott sure is brave!