Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day of School

Today was the first day back to school! We had meet the teacher on Monday, but today was the official day back. They had a great day, and came home telling me all about their friends, classes, and bus driver! Max was upset that homework will be every day this year and he already has a math test tomorrow we had to study for. Megan said it was "no fun stuff - just a lot of work" - apparently they don't play as much in 1st grade! But, she had a great day anyway. After they got home, we had our dinner and traditional back to school cake! They just love cake and are happy with the funfetti :)

I'm glad they are happy with everything. I'm missing them already (especially Megan as she goes every day/all day this year!). The house was mighty quiet today! But Mia and I had fun with friends at a back to school breakfast...and 2 more weeks until she starts preschool.

My 4th Grader
Miss 1st Grade
Mia had to see them off..
and have a silly picture too!
I was glad for a new picture with them
and we all enjoyed the cake!
Here's to a great year!







4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great picture of you with the kids. Your kiddos are looking so grown up!

amy said...

Happy Back-to-School! :)

Michelle R Photography said...

It was great to see you this morning!! I hope I get to visit longer next time!

Julie said...

Great photos!
Everyone's babies are no longer babies....