My friend LeAnn put together a team this year for the Race for the Cure to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. It was held downtown and was a 5K walk/run event. I signed up, happy to support her – as she lost both her mom and sister to breast cancer. Here we are – part of team “Heroes In Heaven”.
A few weeks ago I started walking. Our neighborhood is full of small hills and trees, so I walked about 5-6 times a week to get in shape. I’m glad I did. I probably could have kept going when we reached the finish line - it wasn’t really that long of a walk!
My best friend Angela was walking for a good friend of hers who just conquered breast cancer. She was cancer free as of a few weeks ago. She joined a different team, but ended up walking with our team. I’m glad she was there too!
When I signed up I had no idea how big this was. Apparently when it started in Columbus, it had 8,000 people who participated. We saw tags numbered greater than 55,000 this year. It is the 3rd largest in the world for this event.
To give you an idea of the streets…
And one of the new condo buildings downtown – people hanging off the balcony cheering. It was fun to see!
Finally, the finish line. About 45 minutes and we were there. It was great to get out and support this cause. I’m happy to do it again when I can!



1 comment:
Way to go, Stacy!!!
Post a Comment