Saturday, February 19, 2011

It’s the Year of the Rabbit!

Happy Chinese New Year! For the big event we joined our local families with children from China group for a fun filled afternoon.  We spent all afternoon with great friends! Here’s our big 5 year old ready in her costume for the fun!

IMG_0595IMG_9922

1st stop was dress rehearsal with her dance group. I was glad to get the pictures out of the way, so we could get some good ones without fighting over a spot later on in the show!

IMG_9925IMG_9937IMG_9943IMG_9927

Then we had to take a photo opportunity with Mia’s best little friend Molly.  They are the cutest!

IMG_9959

The day was full of crafts, bidding on silent auctions to benefit Half the Sky foundation, and dancing – all with Chinese food as well. 

IMG_9966IMG_9968IMG_9969IMG_9971

Max was happy I won the OSU Basketball in the auction signed by Thad Matta (the OSU coach). And Mia was happy I won a Kai-Lan toy she saw.  It was a fun day for sure!

3 comments:

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Stacy, Mia looks so grown up!! She looks beautiful and we love her so.

Molly's Mom said...

Molly was thrilled beyond belief to spend the day with her best friend Mia and I was equally thrilled to spend the day with you, my friend! Our girls are getting so grown up!

sabrecmc said...

Awwww...how fun! Mia is definitely growing up. Wow. Too cute.