Yesterday I was driving Megan to school and on the way through Muirfield there was a duck. Out of nowhere...decided to cross the street as I was going 40 miles per hour. SMACK. Megan says "what was that" I said "A duck" - the conversation continued about how I think he flew away and I got his feet (I'm such a liar - in the rear view mirror I could see him laying flat). I know Megan loves animals and I really felt bad for the duck - I didn't mean to hit him! So Mia says "duck K"? I said yes, the duck was OK. Well....all day long - Mia was stuck in duck mode. Driving everywhere..she said "duck k" and I kept saying yes the duck was OK. I was finally grateful to be home and not in the car. You can only answer that so much - I think about 1000. Today is a new day. I hope there are no ducks on the road. May the Muirfield duck rest in peace.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
A Tribute to the duck
Yesterday I was driving Megan to school and on the way through Muirfield there was a duck. Out of nowhere...decided to cross the street as I was going 40 miles per hour. SMACK. Megan says "what was that" I said "A duck" - the conversation continued about how I think he flew away and I got his feet (I'm such a liar - in the rear view mirror I could see him laying flat). I know Megan loves animals and I really felt bad for the duck - I didn't mean to hit him! So Mia says "duck K"? I said yes, the duck was OK. Well....all day long - Mia was stuck in duck mode. Driving everywhere..she said "duck k" and I kept saying yes the duck was OK. I was finally grateful to be home and not in the car. You can only answer that so much - I think about 1000. Today is a new day. I hope there are no ducks on the road. May the Muirfield duck rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh, Steve and I are laughing out loud! It's not funny that you hit the duck, but it's funny thinking how you're avoiding letting your kids know. We've hit our share of birds too- no ducks, just regular birds.
God giveth and Stacy Taketh away.
No worries, I have run over a turtle before.
Michelle
Stacy, the Mad Duck Killer! MWAHAHAHAHA! Hey, at least it spurred a conversation with Mia!
Love the bath photos, btw. Was it you who suggested putting the baby bathtub in front of the mirror when we were in China? Worked wonders.
Caryn
I love that story - I'm laughing out loud. I can just picture my little ones asking the same question all day long. I love that you said you think you just got his feet.
Reminds me of the time that I ran over a squirrel... then Cooper acted like he was a squirrel all day long. It was hilariously disturbing. :)
That is so funny!
I hope Mia has forgotten about it by now. :)
Post a Comment