Monday, July 14, 2008

2 1/2 Years Old and 20 Months Together

***Click to view larger
Mia turned 2 1/2 years old a few days ago. It is amazing to me how far she has come in the 20 months we've had her. So, at this age what is she doing? Hopefully she is on target with any other child her age. Now that the speech battle is over...we are moving on to the typical toddler items like potty training. I think a lot about what toddler things I don't like - the word no, the constant temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way, or the throwing things and hitting her siblings. But, she's 2. It will pass. I thought I'd concentrated on the things I adore instead. Makes me love her even more!


Here are a few things I love about Mia right now:
  • "I miss you Mommy" every morning when she wakes up
  • Her contagious laugh - especially if "Maxy" is around
  • Her love for hugs and cuddles
  • Singing "uppa bubba" (I'll leave it to you to guess that song)
  • Counting "1..2...6..7..8..9..1..2..1..2..2..1..6..7..8.. " (you get that the right order isn't really her style)
  • Her eating habits...I swear put ANYTHING in front of her - she'll eat it. And, if she decides she doesn't like it - "Mommy - no like it". Love that!
  • She loves dresses!
  • She loves shoes - and even brings pairs to me to ask which ones she should wear - talk about coordination.
  • Mia prays - and makes sure everyone is listening!
  • She is a GREAT sleeper
  • We're #1 trained...just wish the rest would come sooner!
  • Mia loves to art with Megan. They could spend hours drawing w/ crayons or markers.
  • Mia likes "eggo guys" - Max isn't sure where 1/2 of his Legos have disappeared to!
  • The best thing though is when you say I love you...and she says "I wuv you too Mommy, I wuv you too Daddy". Nothing tops that!

6 comments:

Julie said...

So sweet!

Wait until she learns to tell you a food item is "disgusting"! Brendan has learned that somewhere and loves to use that word.

In His Grip said...

Ok, that is the sweetest blog. I love Mia too. I am so glad the Lord let you have three kids. You are so blessed. Sorry about the potty training- I am a failure so can't offer advice. Don't worry one of my three is potty trained..... Just kidding.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I loved reading that!! What a sweet baby ... I'm so glad she's yours. I just wish you were closer and she and Lila could be cute little girly girls together.

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

She is so sweet! I love when you revisit old photos to see the changes. Mia is such a happy girl and there is no wonder. She has a wonderful Mama, Baba and siblings. Remembering those first few days in China it warms my heart to see her smile and love life. It is easy to love her!

Jenny said...

oh my- I could eat her up! She is so cute! dresses??? that's so different for you! Maybe Mia will change Megan into a girly girl!

amy said...

Is the song "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"? "uppa bubba" world so high...