Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Fun - Week 8

This week was a HOT HOT and more HOT, along with HUMID...unbearable. (of course it is not 105 like my TX friends are getting, so I shouldn't complain) The kids hate being inside, but it is too hot to be out! Today, I broke down and instead of going to the pool, bought one for the backyard. I thought Max would be past the fun in the water stage, but he loved it as much as the girls. Of course it is just Mia's size so it is a hit with her.

Does this look like a fair fight?

Other than HOT and HUMID...I'm into my new discovery - Facebook! It's additcting. We've found old college friends, our TX friends, and some other ones too. It is a great way to connect and see what people are up too.
I don't think I've ever posted pictures of our backyard, so this may give you an idea of where most of our days are spent this summer. I took an off center picture (of course the one when Mia was smiling) - so this may give you an idea of our patio/back yard. That is an empty lot next to us. They just mowed it down yesterday so it looks much nicer than the 3 ft high weeds.


Last year we bought patio furniture in Oct. Seems silly, but it is exactly what we wanted. This year I added an umbrella - great deal from Lowes!

5 comments:

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Thank you, Stacy! Miss Mia is precious and is sporting quite the tan. I am thinking those little arms are looking kinda chubby. What's your secret. :)

Stacy said...

I know! All of a sudden she has grown, and everywhere - even the lttle arms. I guess the secret is noodles - her favorite. She's definitely a carb girl! But I really don't know where she puts it - wish I had her metabolism!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Noodles rule here too, without the chunky results. I thought I saw a double chin forming on Miss C a few weeks ago...I was thrilled. HA! Our girls will be able to wear anything!!

In His Grip said...

I want to join in the fun. Can I come teach Mia how to blow bubbles?

Jenny said...

How fun! I think I need a blow up pool. Sadly, it's actually too hot to even swim outside. Sounds weird, I know... but when the pool feels like a warm bath... well, I'd rather be inside.