I don't usually write opinion or emotions on the blog. For me, it is really a place to update you on what our family is up to. But today, I feel like I need to share some thoughts. If you have HBO, they are airing a documentary series called China's Stolen Children. I don't have it, so I watched all 9 parts on You Tube last night. Heart wrenching. Tears. Disturbing. I can't even explain it. You have to watch it to understand. Or, perhaps have a child effected by what is in the film. I learned a lot..things about the One Child Policy in China that I didn't know before. I now have a little more insight as to why this happens, why children are given up, and what a sacrifice it is for those parents. I for one am grateful. And Mia got extra hugs and kisses this morning.
A few months ago, I got a phone call from Jenny saying Maria Chapman (daughter to Steven Curtis Chapman, and adopted from China) was struck down at their home, in their driveway...by a family member who didn't see her playing behind an SUV. I can't imagine what they are going through - the lost moments, the missed laughter. Children bring so much to a house. I've been checking on this blog ever since. Wondering how they are doing, what is going on. They taped an interview with Robin Roberts of GMA to air on Aug. 7th. They will be on Larry King Live sometime that week also, and in People Magazine Aug. 8th. These are the 1st times they have spoken about Maria, and the incident which took her life. Steven even wrote a new verse to the song Yours on his new album for Maria. And Shaohannah's Hope to date has raised over $620K for Maria's Miracle Fund. And, Steven's touring later this year with my other favorite Michael W. Smith. 20 shows...one happens to be here in Oct.Amazing what God is doing with this family - who started their adoptions by following his lead. We did the same, and I'm so grateful we did. Because even if we had Mia for 10 minutes, or for the next 100 years....she has impacted our lives in ways that can not be put into words.



7 comments:
My heart broke for the children and families in the HBO documentary. Our girls are so lucky to have been spared that. Thanks for letting us know about the upcoming stories on the Chapman family. What a tragic accident.
Hugs to my fellow Fu mom!
We have HBO. I'll check out the documentary.
I'll have to catch it on you tube- I would love to see it!
I'll be setting my tivo to hear the Chapman's speak about Maria. Thanks for letting me know.
I don't have HBO but I can only imagine. I am glad you have Mia too. Give her a hug from me.
I've been following the Chapman story too. So sad. The GMA is actually scheduled to air on August 5th ... don't want you to miss it.
I have been keeping up with SCC through his friends' blogs... What an amazing family he has! Thanks for sharing when their interviews will air.
Okay, I spent a big chunk of this afternoon watching this on YouTube. You are right... heart wrenching! I am so sad that a choice ever has to be made to keep, give up, hide, or sell children. I cannot imagine! Thank God for people like you that have stepped up and have loved on little ones from China! You are awesome!
Post a Comment