Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kindergarten!


Here is our new elementary student - Miss Megan! Kindergarten is interesting here...the parents stay the 1st 2 hours, eat lunch, then leave them. I think Megan was ready when we got to school - but there were a few crying kids (and parents). I was not one of them - did that the day before and got it all out of my system!

So, thanks to a friend, Mia stayed home and played, while Scott and I went to Kindergarten! Here Kindergarten for Megan is Tues/Thurs all day, and 1/2 day on Friday. Strange I know, but actually I'm thinking she'll be tired and need the few days in between to chill out! Megan was so excited all morning. Even though I packed a lunch, she decided to use her debit card anyway. She bragged later to Max that she bought lunch and it was SO awesome! They all looked so cute lined up for lunch with their little cards. Mom and Dad ate with her and she saw a few girls from her new soccer team who are in different classes.

Megan ready for school (yes, that is a Camp Rock lunchbox!)

Standing in line for lunch!

And, Mom got the Camp Rock lunch...

After school, she rode the bus for the 1st time with Max... and the good big brother that he is - reminded her to get off (thank goodness he looks out for her! Tradition on the 1st day of school typically is cake - whatever kind they want - color icing, sprinkles, whatever. This year, Max graciously agreed that if they chose together (Funfetti cake this year) then they could have it on the 2nd day of school, since that was Megan's 1st day. So, cake for snack is what it was!

7 comments:

For The Girls said...

Thanks for sharing Megan's first day - I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around Rachel beginning Kindergarten this coming Thursday - it will be everyday all day.

Jenny said...

See, I'm still picturing her going to MDO!!!! She can't be that big yet!!

Waiting for Hannah said...

When did your little girl grow up? I must have blinked and missed it! The pictures are awesome!!

Julie said...

Love YOUR Camp Rock lunch.
Great pictures. Hope she had a great day!

PS. Love the new header pictures, too

In His Grip said...

She is so darn cute, preppy (spelling), girlie, and grown up. I can't believer our babies are in kinder. Have a fun year.

Amy said...

Your kids are so cute! Hope they both have a great school year!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that - I can't believe she's so big. I think she gets cuter in every picture!