Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Fever and Ending Summer

We remember seeing this from the bus...it looks a lot different now!


Most of our last week has been watching the Olympics. For us, it has been a trip down memory lane, and it is great to see how China looks in the summer. We keep saying - oh we've been there..but it is green now. Even the Great Wall looks different with beautiful trees, etc. in full bloom. We were really there at a DRAB time of year! It really is a beautiful country, and I think the media has done it justice.
I can't believe this is our last full week of summer break. The kids are ready for school though, and I am ready for a routine. Not much going on, we had a lot of lazy days. Scott's dad went to Alaska on a trip of a lifetime, I have a sinus infection, and the kids played, made an Olympic obstacle course in which they all received gold medals. Today they are looking forward to a visit from Texas friends Mr. Richard and Ryan. The boys haven't seen each other in about 1 1/2 years, so it will be interesting to see how they remember!

When we were there, 629 days to go...now it's here!

See this? On TV now, you can see clearly the island behind it.

The Great Wall - Winter Style. It sure is green now!


3 comments:

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

We are right there with you...literally! :) It has been such a wonderful walk down memory lane. Have a great weekend. Love that cool weather you have up there.

In His Grip said...

Oh, how fun for you to have those memories. I miss you friend.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So neat to see familiar sites on TV! Hope your sinus infection is healing up.