Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike Arrived....

And made its way to Ohio! Apparently this has never happened, and Ohio (and us) were unprepared! Ike ended up coming through on Sunday with winds of 75 mph. We lost our power for a day - it finally came back on last night. But, there are still thousands without power (Scott's dad and our good friends across town are just a few). Where I am thankful I'm not in areas like Galveston....I definitely can relate to experiences on a smaller level. Thank goodness our house had no damage, as we were driving around and saw garage doors blown inside the garages, trees on houses, in the middle of roads, and power lines down. The worst casualty for us was our cast iron patio table, which took a fall and botched up the side. And, while we could have lost all our food (and I had just been to the grocery), my dad came to the rescue with a generator(Thanks again Dad!). It's been a wild start to the week - and the kids are still out of school due to lack of power... if we have any bad snows this winter...we'll be making up days at the end of the year!

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

Love the turtles. Yeah, I don't want those either. Sorry about IKE.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so crazy. I still can't believe you got hit worse with Ike issues than we did.