All week the kids have been celebrating Dr. Seuss and reading at school. Tuesday was turn off the tv day and we had to count how many minutes of reading we did. Megan read 22 books (small and short) and Max read 1 hour 30 minutes. Mia and I read a few...don't remember the minutes. The kids thought it was fun to compete with their classmates. We'll have to see who wins at the end of the week.One of Max's homework assignments was to write a letter to someone younger than you and tell them why it is important to learn how to read. I thought it was sweet since Megan already knows how, that Max wrote to Mia. I cracked up at the letter, and thought I would share with you. So READ this week and enjoy it! (and if you can't read the letter below..let me know and I'll type it out!)




2 comments:
That's a good idea... just a reading day. Megan really did awesome! I'm sure it was fun to add up all those short books. Tell Max that I agree... Dr. Seuss is the best!
I love Max's letter... and I love Dr. Seuss too! :)
Post a Comment