Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Fever

I don't know about you, but I have Spring fever. We had 4 days of 70 degree weather. Although it is back to 45 today, I was happy for the warmer weather. We've decided to take a vacation. It's been almost 2 years since our last trip. After all we've been through lately, it will just be a time to make some good memories for once. The kids have their approval for "Alternative Learning Experiences" in St. Augustine, Florida. Although it is a month away, I am already shopping for summer stuff. Here's the 1st of many purchases I'm sure to get ready to go. I've always wanted the kids to have their own duffel bags- that way I know which kid is what. I've always packed all 3 in one suitcase (one HEAVY suitcase), but now that at least one is old enough to carry his own, here's a picture of my purchases. Lands End. Gotta love it!
Max - navy blue
Megan - orange butterflies
Mia- purple butterflies
When I went to take a picture of these, I found Mia's already filled with what she needs for the beach. Blanket, puppy, and a book. Guess she's ready to go!

6 comments:

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

You go girl!!!

Jenny said...

Love it! My parents buy the boys bags. They are on their 2nd set now. It's their "going to the farm bag" but I would really love to rename them their "going to the beach bag"!!!
I'm green with envy!!

Julie said...

How cute is that - love that Mia packed her bag.
Wish we were going, too!

amy said...

I'm glad you're going to be able to go on vacation & make good memories! :) I love Land's End stuff - I still have a set of suitcases from when I was in Jr. High or High School - with my maiden initials on them! They are still tough as ever... I'm pretty sure they'll outlast me.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love the bags and the vacation sounds great. Alternative Learning Experiences - is that what the school calls it? Funny.

sabrecmc said...

Sounds like you've definitely earned a bit of vacation. St. Augustine is a fun little town. Kind of endearingly touristy, with these sort of "roadside attractions" like Ripley's, the wax museum, etc. They also have an alligator farm that is fun. They used to have this ridiculously huge gator called Gomek (seriously, Google it...its amazing). My little brother loved that place! Have fun!

Caryn