Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So - Where have we been??

I bet you're wondering why we haven't posted...well let's just say sickness and busyness - all without pictures.

Here's what we've been up to :
  • Max tried out for Travel Basketball - and MADE IT! (Can I get a Whoot Hoot!) He's so excited and I'm glad his hard work preparing earned him the right to be on the Liberty White team. He's the only student from his school who made it. I'm so excited for him. The coach seems really nice, and we can't wait to get started! 50+ games..here we go!
  • Max had strep, then what I believe was the H1N1, although they didn't test him since he was on day 3 of the fever when the pediatrician looked at him. He still has the cough, and will for a while. It was a bad few days around here! He's not looking forward to the stack of homework 4th grade brings!
  • Megan had a sinus infection...then again the H1N1 or flu. She's back to school today, and graciously has agreed to bring home her brother's work - again! She's enjoying drawing Casper the ghost and pumpkins too, that is when she's not laying around the house sick. She's so ready for trick or treat!
  • Mia has remarkably avoided this flu. She's attended preschool and birthday parties and had a fun weekend. Today I had a conference with her teacher - it's amazing to me the only thing she's worried about is socialization. WHAT?? She apparently often plays alone and won't bring other kids into her projects..well she doesn't like to share, and she's all over her brother and sister when they are home. So, I'm not worried a bit. Her teacher did say she's impressed with her writing her name on everything. ;)
  • Scott has been traveling and watching football, along with holding down the fort for me over the weekend. He's been a little stressed out with all that is going on!
  • I had my good friend Kim in from Texas for the weekend. We attended the Extraordinary Women's conference and had a great time. Mandisa and Natalie Grant performed - they were great! I was glad for the time to catch up with Kim, and hopefully she's not sick after spending the weekend around my kids!

So that's it, in a nutshell. I hope we can get out to do some seasonal things. Then I'll have some pictures, instead of playing nurse!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sorry the kids have been sick ... hope you're all over it now.

Mia reminds me so much of Lila. Only social when she wants to be.

Julie said...

Yikes, sickness is never fun.
Hope everyone is recovering!