Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy GOTCHA Day Mia!

It is hard to believe we have been home from China for 3 years. Time sure does fly. But, I couldn't let today go by without acknowledging my baby girl. Three years ago, she was a scared baby who didn't know who we were or what we had in store for her. Now, she's the most well adjusted baby girl, with friends, smiles, words and energy everywhere. She sure has changed!

Mia most definitely loves her family. I cherish the early (and I mean EARLY) snuggle times in the mornings, and our conversations on the way to school. Mia is the most observant child I know, and smart too. Sometimes I can't believe the things that she knows. Most of all I'm grateful that I was given the privilege of being her mom. There's nothing better in the world.

When I picked her up from preschool the other day, all the kids had said what they were thankful for, and Mia said "my mommy...I love my mommy". So, Mia Anne FuNila...thanks for allowing me to be your mommy!

If you want to view the slide show from last year click here, or a small gotcha day video here.


GOTCHA - November 19, 2006



One Year Celebration at Disney World - November 19, 2007


Two Years Home - November 19, 2008

And today - November 19, 2009. Happy As Can Be!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Mia!! We are so blessed to be a part of your life!

Uncle Dennis and Aunt LeAnn

sabrecmc said...

Happy Gotcha Day Mia!!! Can't believe it has been 3 years since cramming onto that bus, all nervous and excited, walking in the room and seeing...BABIES!!!! But, oops. Not ours, lol.

Congrats on 3 years together!

Caryn & Aslan

Kim V. said...

Seems like she's always been yours. She is such a beautiful little girl. Happy Gotcha day to all of you!

Julie said...

How sweet!
She is equally blessed to have you all for her family!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Oh my stars those pictures of Miss M are darling. Happy Happy Gotcha Day!!!!

In His Grip said...

Caught up on your blogs. I love your family. I can't believe it's been three years. I love her lovey.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That gave me goosebumps and made me cry. What a blessing for all of you. She's so beautiful!