Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st Day of School

IMG_9697

It is hard to believe the 1st day of school arrived. Summer went by so quickly, and we did so many fun things!  But, the time is here to get back to the grind.

Max and Megan are going to a new school due to the redistricting. They both were a little nervous before school started and worried about their friends, teachers, etc.  But after yesterday, all the worries are gone.  They both had wonderful days!  They have friends in their classes from the old school, and their teachers seem pretty great. I’m hoping for an excellent year!

2nd Grade (Megan)

My MJ.  Her teacher is a perfect fit – friendly, wants to come to her games, a hugger, etc.  Seems like exactly what MJ needs this year.  I think we will love her!  My hope for Megan is that she continues to learn at an accelerated pace. She’s more advanced than teachers and I give her credit for – and I hope I can keep my eye on that.  I hope she makes some fast friends and loves the new school so she can show her little sis the ropes next year!

IMG_9690 IMG_9692

IMG_9695

5th Grade (Max)

I have high hopes for Maxwell this year.  It is his last year of elementary, and I’m hoping he learns a lot to continue on into middle school.  I’m hoping he comes out of his shell and blossoms into the young man I know he can be.  Being too shy can sometimes be a burden (I should know), so I hope he can grow out of that, and go with the flow!

  IMG_9705 IMG_9708

And here is mom and dad with the crew.  Mia had to send them off with smiles, and Dad sent them on the bus too.  It was a great morning!

IMG_9715 IMG_9716 IMG_9717 IMG_9719

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love the first day photos, Stacy. The kids have grown up so much!