Sunday, August 8, 2010

Swimming

So, what have we been doing all summer?  Mostly swimming.  We joined a local pool like last year.  We have spent a lot of time with Mia’s friend Molly , and her mom Teri.  Max has seen many friends from school and his basketball team.  Megan has seen school and soccer friends.  Kids see their friends…and I see mine. It’s really a win-win.  I swiped these from Molly’s blog… cause I just don’t take the camera to the pool.  After gently reminding Teri that she hadn’t done a swimming post…I guess I should follow suit!
Molly and MiaIMG_3095
IMG_3109
And, here’s Megan with them too… She is great with helping to entertain them when she’s not on the high dive or going down the slide.
IMG_3110
But the highlight of the summer came 2 weeks ago when my little one decided to show off her swimming skills when I wasn’t at the pool.  Megan didn’t feel good and Teri took Mia and Max.  When she dropped them back off, she asked if Mia was swimming, and I said no…well apparently she was swimming without the vest, and using her arms and legs. 

So, the next time I went to the pool, Mia showed me as soon as we got there.  Here she is swimming to Megan. I’m so proud of my baby – taught herself to swim!

No comments: