Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mother's Day Out

Well. Today was one of those "Mom emotional days". I realized as I drove to the Mother's Day out, that I drove to the exact same Mother's Day Out over 5 years ago. I was pregnant with Megan, and Max needed a place to go one day a week for Mom to have a break. He was only in this class for 2 1/2 months before moving to Texas. Want a fun fact ? Mia has Max's same teacher - and she remembered us!

Anyway, today was Mia's 1st day. I don't know what I was worried about, I knew she would do fine. But, would you send your 10 month old off to Mother's Day out? That's what I feel like, I sent my baby off so early in our relationship. Even though yesterday she turned 20 months old, we just got her! It feels like I shouldn't be sending her off so soon. I felt guilty and a little teary eyed when I left her. Only normal right?

I never cry over my kids going off to school (I am usually grateful for the time alone!), but today I thought back to the day I sent Max off - how overprotective I was of my then baby...sending him off to have fun for a day (and worrying the whole time how he was doing). Then I drove through Tim Horton's right down the way for coffee..the same Tim Horton's I always visited 5 years ago. I shopped in my old stomping grounds of Hilliard, and drove past our old house where my first two kids came home. Yes, today I was reminiscent of the past, but thankful for where the last 5 years have taken us.

I picked the girls up, and Mia came running to me with a big smile on her face! She wanted to show me all the toys and books she had played with for the day. Miss Jennifer said she was one of the few who didn't cry, and she ate all her lunch. They all think she's so adorable! (especially since she insists on wearing the backpack that is too big for her, and carrying her lunch!)

So, I thought I would share a few pictures from today...but a few from the past. I think it is fun to see where my kids were on their 1st Mother's Day Out. Just so happens Max and Megan have grown too fast. I'm sure Mia will to. Until then I will enjoy from now on my one day a week alone (for 3 hours anyway!).



Max (2 years) in Ohio


Megan (23 months) in Texas


Mia (20 months) in Ohio




Love the Backpacks! And sisterly fun!

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How adorable! Mia looks so happy to be heading off to "school"!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

TOO CUTE...I got teary just reading it. Mia looks so proud of her gear. Claire kisses to our fellow Fu!

Jenny said...

Oh! I can remember Megan at that age! You have such beautiful children. Mia is just so well adjusted- I can only imagine all the babbling she did telling you about her day today. And to think your son is now well into elementary school. YIKES! They are growing up too fast!

Elizabeth said...

Okay, your children are gorgeous! I especially like Megan's picture. She was so little! LOVE Mia's backpack...she's cracking me up wearing her pack and carrying her lunch. So cute!

Amy said...

They are all so cute!