Sunday, September 2, 2007

What were you doing 12 Years ago?


Here's what I remember...


12 years ago I woke up to a beautiful sunny 75 degree Ohio morning


12 years ago I received a phone call at 8am from my husband-to-be


12 years ago I took my bridesmaids and friends to get hair done and breakfast


12 years ago I sat on a hotel bed with my grandma (Mama Ruth) and spent time talking about the day


12 years ago I went to Maize Manor United Methodist Church to get ready


12 years ago I saw my husband walking into the church (and breathed a sigh of relief)


12 years ago I heard Trumpet Voluntary play


12 years ago my dad handed me over to a wonderful Christian man


12 years ago the preacher dropped the rings in the middle of exchanging them


12 years ago we were pronounced Mr and Mrs. Scott Hathaway


12 years ago we hopped in a Limo and hit a McDonald's drive-thru


12 years ago we arrived at Muirfied Village Country Club to have our reception


12 years ago we were surrounded and supported by family, friends, and co-workers


12 years ago Scott played the trumpet to the fight song at the reception


12 years ago I sang and Scott played piano at the reception (the song has escaped my mind)


12 years ago we partied until midnight


12 years ago....it seems like yesterday!




Thanks for a wonderful 12 years which has brought me 1 apartment, 5 homes, 2 cats, 1 dog, 3 kids....and a journey I would re-live everyday.




I love you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so sweet! I love that you went to McDonald's in a limo. Happy Anniversary!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds! Wish you were here so we could keep your kiddos while you toasted the town.
So, where was I 12 years ago? Sophmore at BU- hadn't even met Steve yet... still dating my old boyfriend on and off. I was quite a mess.