Our niece and nephew are here visiting for the week. We are having a great time with them. Everyday we have done something fun. Today was the big Anthony Thomas candy store tour. I have always wanted to see it - and so all five kids and I headed out. They are a famous chocolate maker here in Columbus. We found out how the chocolates are made, saw it from start to finish - and even saw who they make it for (Nestle). We couldn't take pictures in the factory itself, but I got a few in the candy store. Even Mia enjoyed the tour - or maybe just the free buckeye candy at the end! The kids tried to convince me that I needed to buy the 225 lb buckeye...it was only $3400. Katy thought we could eat it in a week. Megan said a day. I'll let them settle that argument! Instead Aunt Stacy splurged for Buckeye pretzels and candy bars. They were all happy with that!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yum! You're right about the Buckeye though ... it should be freshly made for that price!
Oh my word...that chocolate looks so divine! :-)
Oh my! I am so glad you get to spend time with your family.
The buckeye was $3500.
Ok I stand corrected - I looked up the picture and zoomed in. A 12 year old had to set his Aunt straight....
Sorry Matt....Hope you had a great trip home. The kids miss you already!
Girl, you're crazy taking 5 kids to a candy store. I hope you had some chocolate therapy of your own!
Post a Comment