Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers and Moving

This has been a crazy week. Mother's Day we went to brunch with Grandma and the kids had fun at the buffet. Even Mia picked out her own dessert...and was upset when I wouldn't let her carry the plate (I could see the cookies/lemon bars spilling right on the floor!)

Scott's dad moved this week into a new condo near us. He was in his house 54 years...and it was the house Scott grew up in. So, in the midst of all the moving, I made sure Scott had a picture taken. John seems happy in his new place and we are glad to have him a little closer. Now all the grandparents are within 5 minutes. Almost 2 1/2 weeks until we are done with school so life will calm a little bit. Can't wait for the summer weather. For May, highs of 50-60 don't cut it for me!
Max, Megan, and Mia with Mom and Grandma
Scott with his dad outside their "old" home



6 comments:

Amanda said...

How great to have everyone closer, but how did Scott and his Dad take leaving the house? I'm sure it was a little bittersweet. You're so smart to take a picture.

Amy said...

Wow! Leaving a home that you have lived in that long is a big deal. Hope everyone is adjusting well.

Happy late Mother's Day.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's a big step for Scott's dad ... neat to have the grandparents so close!

Jenny said...

54 years!!?? Wow- it just seems unheard of to live in the same place for 10 years, let alone over 50. I'm sure his knew condo is wonderful- and well decorated thanks to his daughter in law!
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day- one you actually spent with your mom! Must be nice to able to see her more regularly!

Elizabeth said...

Scott's dad seems so sweet! I love older people. :-) I know that must have been hard for his dad...but good to be near you guys!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Happy Be-lated Mother's Day, Stacy!