Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Idol Commentary


If you are an American Idol fan, you know what I'm talking about. For the 1st time EVER, I have disagreed w/ Simon. He is usually right on with his commentary, and even sometimes I quote it to Scott before he says it - and I'm usually right. Simon was so way off base last night. DC rocked the house and will go on to sell millions of records just like Chris Daughtry. David Archepoopa (as I like to call him) will not. He's a 17 year old with an amazing voice - if you like squinty eyes and a stage dad hanging around- but he will make a great Broadway star - NOT an American Idol. Haven't we been here before with Clay Aiken (now on Broadway) and Ruben (where the heck has he been until last night?)?
Now I for one was rooting for a Cook and Brooke finale. I love the voice that Brooke brings and they would have had an amazing finale I think. But since Brooke is out - DC grew on me. I even cracked on him way back when - hated his hair (it's grown out now), and hated the goatee (which is now a cute beard). Musically over the last 6 months though, he's been the best one. Time for America to pick the right one. If Dial Idol is right (and it has been the last 4 years...) David Cook will be crowned tonight.

4 comments:

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

I am sooo with you! He rocks and was great last night-and every other Tuesday night this season. I heard that Simon was on a late night show last night saying Cook should win. Maybe he was retracting???? Go David!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I wanted Brooke to win too ... she definitely has a career ahead of her. I like David Archuleta but he's so young ... you're right, he'd be great on Broadway. I think he'll have a career no matter what. I still think David Cook is going to win tonight despite what Simon said last night. I actually agreed with Simon though ... I thought D.C.'s second song was good but not the others. He'll be a star regardless.

Amanda said...

Hooray David Cook! I called it early on (around here -- not in any sort of public forum where I could be humiliated were I wrong).

I liked Brooke's voice, but I got tired of her when she made a habit of back-sassing (you've been in TX, you know what I mean). Then she started forgetting lyrics, having uncontrollable nerves, etc. It was like a very sad train wreck.

I love David Cook and am so glad he won, but quite honestly, I think it's scandalous. I read before the finale that the producers wanted him to win because he'd be easier to manage sans stage dad. Plus, I don't think his last performances were good enough for the title, and that makes me wonder if it was rigged. What do you think?

Jenny said...

Yeah David Cook- by far my favorite. Archie worked every nerve I have... just a bit too annoying.