Friday, October 31, 2008

Back to the ER

Yes, you read the title right. We went back to the ER last night. See Mia's left eyebrow? It is extended now with 14 stitches (3 internal, 11 external). What was supposed to be a fun night of pumpkin carving, ended abruptly when Mia tripped over my foot and went head 1st into Scott's workbench. Broke her head wide open. Called 911. They patched her up...said we didn't have to ride in an ambulance (thank goodness), so we drove her downtown to Children's Hospital. 2nd time this month. I'm ready for a new month. October has been nothing but hospitals, doctors, healing, and Mederma. I'd better take stock out - it may be cheaper than the actual tube! I'll have 2 girls using it 3 times a day soon!

Thankfully Grandma came over and the kids COLORED their pumpkins (Megan drew a boo-boo on hers). Not a great way to start off Halloween. But, Mia is determined to trick-or-treat. She's asking this morning already when she can wear Belle!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Unbelievable- really, unbelievable. Time to lock away Max! So sorry this has happened twice. Poor Mia! Your girls are such troopers. Give her a big kiss from me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Your poor girls!! Well, maybe now you've had your dose of drs/hospitals/stitches for awhile! Of course nothing that a little trick or treating won't make feel better for the kids!

henna's hearsay said...

How horrible and scary! What craziness! I know how bad Lyvia scars so I hope the Mederma works.

amy said...

Oh my goodness!! That's crazy! Poor Mia!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Oh Stacy. I'm so sad to see that poor baby. Hope it heals quickly.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, poor Mia, and poor mama! Hang in there girl!

In His Grip said...

I am so sorry. The mark of the Hathaway girls. At least they will not feel like no one else has done that before. I hope they both heal up well. So sorry friend.

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Oh, that breaks my heart!! I hope she has a quick recovery and you all stay clear of the ER.

Hugs to both of you!!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Love the new header...but those counters are darn scary!!

Julie said...

Oh my.
Hope Halloween turned out better - nothing that a lot of candy can't fix. :)

PS. Thanks for the ticker reminder about Christmas! At the store today, they were already moving the Halloween stuff & replacing it with Christmas. Brendan & I had to take the tour of the blowup decorations.

Amie said...

omgoodness..poor baby! ouch. so brave!!!

I tried to send you an invite to the blog.. but it said the e-mail did not exist. Do you mind sending it to me again. heartsmiles7@yahoo.com

Thanks!

:)
Amie