Monday, October 6, 2008

Friday Night Lights

Friday night was homecoming for the high school, and we have never been to a game. The kids were all excited since the football players and cheerleaders came to their school (its next door) and Megan's class won a contest for most hours read in a week! So, she brought home a football and cool Olentangy Liberty cup for the prize!

Since Grandpa John lives now directly across the street from OLHS, we went up and walked over to the big game against Westerville North. Fun times! Max saw a ton of his friends and had a great time. As fall is here in Ohio, it was a little chilly - so we had to leave at the half for Mia to get warm.

It was fun to experience high school again...it's been 20 years since I've attended a HS football game...but oh I wouldn't want to go back for a second!

OLH -
We are standing in Grandpa's yard, looking at the field in the background!

Max and Meg watching the game Go Patriots! (where else can you get 50 yard line seats for $12??)
Congrats Megan and her class! Dad and Mia cheering them on.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks fun!
Can't believe you are wearing jackets - we are still sweating down here. :)

I bet it is so cool to hear the band's drums each Friday night from grandpas house!

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

I am so jealous that you have to wear jackets now! LOVE our girl in orange.