Yesterday, Megan and I took our 1st ride in an ambulance. This one above, no less. Before I tell what happened, I'll just say - she's ok. A little tired, and badly bruised, but ok.I got a call from the Assistant Principal yesterday that Megan was in the office, she had fallen on the playground, and that I needed to get to school. And, they said "We called the squad". I think I don't remember much after that. You sort of go into panic mode. I scooped up Mia and headed to school - and while on the way, they called again asking how far I was. I knew it was bad then.
I left Mia and Max at school to be picked up by grandparents, and headed to Children's Hospital with Megan. She was in a neck brace, badly bruise, and bloody. But, she was a trooper. Scott met us at the door. All the tests came back fine, and she is doing well today. She got 21 stitches (5 internal, 16 external) on her forehead, a black eye, and badly bruised nose.
We still don't know exactly what happened, but we know she was on the playground and hit her head on a black top curb. Hopefully we can find out some more details in the days to come. We've spoken with her teacher, the school nurse, and the principal -all who have been so caring and wanting to know how she's doing.
In the meantime, we are grateful our baby girl is ok. It could have been much worse. Now we will wait to see if there will be scaring. Maybe she'll have to get bangs after all...



9 comments:
Megan, hope you feel better soon!!! I wish I could be there to kiss your forehead and spoil you with ice cream!
OMG, so happy everything is Ok, the neck brace would have broke my heart!
Poor girl...hope she's feeling better right away. Stacy, you are tough! Way to hold it together girl.
Oh my gosh!
Tell her we are all thinking about her and will start praying tonight!
I almost cried reading it all again. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. I'm so glad that she's okay.
Oh my! Praise God all is ok! Poor baby. I guess you will have a story to tell her kids one day!
Poor girl! I'm praying for a quick recovery! I cannot imagine how you must have felt - I would have been driving like a maniac on the way to the school!
Sorry about Megan. I am praying all goes well in the evenings. Love the football post. You sound like you are still in Texas.
Oh, that just makes me want to cry for you! How scary!
Post a Comment