Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mia's 1st Swim Lessons

Mia took her first swimming lessons at our local pool we joined this year. Although she still doesn't know how to swim on her own, I think it helped her to gain some confidence and have some fun too. Mia (1st from left) and Molly (2nd from left) have been good friends for a while. They are about the same age, and I enjoy spending time with her mom too. They even ended up joining the same pool, so it is great to have a swim friend!
At the end of swimming lessons, they have had the option of going down the slide. Mia can't normally go down the slide when we swim, as you have to swim on your own at the bottom to the side. But, the teachers caught them, and by next summer hopefully she can do it. (Megan doesn't even do it..not sure why..but maybe now she'll try it!). So here's Mia's 1st trip down the slide... (and you hear "she's going backwards" about 1/2 way through).
Then I think she got the hang of it the 2nd time around...talking a little fast, you'll hear "Mommy I held on the wall and I didn't fall!"

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So cute! That looks like a neat pool.

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Great job, Mia! You look so brave coming down that BIG slide! Hugs from Claire!!!

Julie said...

What an adorable video.
She is so brave!