Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last Day of School!

Well, it was officially the last day of school today. The parties wrapped up a wonderful school year for my kids. Looking back at August pictures..wow. They have changed! But, another school year has gone by and I now have 4th and 1st grader, along with an official pre-schooler!

First stop was the Kindergarten poetry reading. All the kids had to stand up and read their poem aloud. It was really cute. Then to the 3rd grade classroom where they had pizza and played card games. It was such a great class of kids! Back to Kindergarten we went to the playground and ate lunch...then back to 3rd to say goodbye! (yes I actually go between 2 classrooms, as I am the party coordinator for BOTH classes...and I'm glad it is done!)

Now for summer...whatever will we do? No big plans as of yet, so we'll have to wait and see! But, we officially kicked it off with my new purchase - a snow cone maker. And, I have to say, they are quite tasty!

Meg reading her "Soccer" poem
Mrs. Gallagher, with her Kindergarten classMrs. Gallagher and Megan
Max with his friends
Max and Mrs. Alfman
We LOVE homemade snowcones!


4 comments:

Kim V. said...

Welcome to Summer! Looks like my day on Friday, minus the snowcones.

Julie said...

Is it just me or does Max's teacher resemble you slightly? Wild!

You are going to love the snowcone maker. My kids think it is such a special treat when I prepare snowcones!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Welcome to summer! Hope it's fun ... can't believe your kiddos are so big!

Jenny said...

We got snowcones on Tuesday... feels like the right way to bring in the summer!