Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Although this has been a tough weekend for Scott, we were able to celebrate today with my dad. My neice Katy is here for the week - and the kids love having her around (we miss you Matt!). Today we went to church, cooked out, and just hung out watching golf while the kids played. It was a great afternoon. It is amazing how much things can change in a year. The kids grow up faster, and loved ones aren't here with us. But, it makes us grateful for the time we do have to celebrate being a Dad!

We have a rose in our yard for Grandma Gerry's memory, so the kids and I picked out 2 memorial stones for Scott to set beside it. The saying on this one fits perfectly.
And Megan thought we should add this one beside it.

We'll probably add a red rose too in time, but for now, at least the memories of Grandpa John are beside her yellow roses. I also took Scott to have his dad's wedding band resized. He's going to wear it on his right hand. Even the original engraving was on the inside!

Here's some pictures from the afternoon!


Grandpa with his grandkids (minus Matt)

Dad and Mia

Dad and Megs
Dad and Max
Myself and my Dad

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad you had time with your dad this weekend. So sorry it was a tough weekend for Scott ... and probably for all of you. I love the markers you're putting in the garden.

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures of your family.
And, beautiful remembrance of Scott's dad.

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Beautiful post. I know it must be particularly hard on such a special day. Your stones are lovely.

Unknown said...

Love your pictures. Love you guys. Thinking about you.

Jenny said...

So bittersweet.
Love the garden stones. Scott has an amazing wife!