Sunday, June 14, 2009

Look at My Earrings!


Before
This one needs a back story. In September for MJ's birthday, she wanted earrings. Mia also wanted them since Sissy was, so we took the girls to the mall. Purple dots on the ears, and MJ freaked out. Mia then followed suit. Therefore no earrings for either of them.

Fast forward to today. Little has been talking for weeks about how she's going to get her ears pierced. She keeps asking "Mommy when can I get my ears pierced? Can we go today?". So after saying no, several times (as I am not a fan of earrings before 10, when they can take care of them), she finally asked again today. Since nothing was on the calendar...we decided to see if she would really do it.
After naps she asked again, like she always does when she wakes up. "Mommy can we go get my pretty earrings today?" and I said "YES!". I thought she was going to have a heart attack with such excitement. Jumping up and down, and screaming (not uncommon). So, we headed out. The boys went and did other shopping (personally after last time I think Scott thought she wouldn't go through with it). The girls and I went to Claire's. Mia jumped up in the chair, and held her puppy. Megan walked around the store and never came back to see it. I think she was still freaking from the last time (and the tooth pulling incident yesterday). Anyway. Purple dots on. A "Mommy will you hold my hand?" question, and all at the same time. Boom - earrings! No tears, just a smile as wide as could be.
After
Megan hopped back over and said " Mia want to pick out some more earrings?" and she led her away. That's it - plain and simple. We have a Happy Happy Girl!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! What a BIG girl! Can't believe she didn't scream or cry! How fun. You might actually have a girly girl on your hands!

Kim V. said...

That's too cute! What a brave girl.

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Brave, brave, Mia! We love your new earrings, such cuteness.

Julie said...

Wow, she is so brave!

Unknown said...

That is so big. She's adorable. We have put off the earrings as well. Ellisyn has only asked once and it was because she got a necklace that came with earrings. Way to go Mia.