Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Disney Day #3 – MK/ Pirate’s Cruise (part 2)

After a little rest, we headed back to the MK/Contemporary Resort to Chef Mickey’s for dinner.  Scott and I vowed not to go back. We’ve been there several times, and it continues to go down hill for dinner at least. So, if you’re planning a trip – I’d skip it. There are a lot better restaurants elsewhere!

We all ate together as a group – and when the characters came around they were mobbed by 4 year olds with autograph books!

IMG_9227 IMG_9236 IMG_9239 IMG_9242 IMG_9246 IMG_9248

After dinner we all headed to the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. I would highly recommend this one.  We had a great “Pirate” who took us out on a boat cruise and we saw the Magic Kingdom Fireworks show from the water.  It was great!  You had to be there for the hilarious heckling from Butch and Scott….let’s just say “Hey – Where Ya From!”…it was pretty funny.  We celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, and of course he told of our adoption reunion.  It was so much fun!  Captain Hook and Mr. Smee sent us off – and Peter Pan met us when we returned!  Each of us received a pirate bandana to wear – and we had fun getting some pictures before the cruise.

IMG_9270 IMG_9276 IMG_9279 IMG_9280 IMG_9285

 IMG_9301 IMG_9303 IMG_9304

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

The cruise looks so neat ... I've never heard of that before.

Julie said...

The pirate cruise sounds awesome - just what my kids would love.

I am sad to hear about Chef Mickey. This was the character breakfast I went to when I was a kid (many moons ago!).

Molly's Mom said...

Can I just say that I absolutlely LOVE the photo on the top of your blog! A great picture of a great family. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!