Thursday, July 29, 2010

Disney Day #6 – REST (well sort of)

 

Day 6 we decided not to do a park – just hang out at the hotel. And we did.  Swam and relaxed by the pool the entire day. It was wonderful. Megan and Cara decided to get some braids at the beachside stand.  Apparently if wrapped correctly, it should last until Halloween.  Cara and Megan wanted the same of everything.  They were so cute.

IMG_9497

IMG_9504

IMG_9510

Mia and I spent a lot of time in the lazy river.  She thought it was fun that she could beat me around the circle.  I couldn’t touch (9-10 feet deep) and so I swam hard – without the noodle! She stole it from me every time!IMG_9519

That evening we went over to the Polynesian Resort for the Luau. (Sprit of Aloha dinner).  I had forgotten it was the middle of July…hot..and flames…need I say more?  It was the most horrible night.  We couldn’t even eat and figured it was at least 105 out.

 IMG_9521 IMG_9524 IMG_9536 IMG_9537 IMG_9556

We left the dinner early, before the show was over, and I managed to snap a few pictures around the resort.  It really is a beautiful place, just way to hot to eat outside! 

On the way back to the Yacht Club – the monorail and the boat both broke down.  4 hours later we arrived at the resort. My family was not happy with me, as the whole evening was my idea.  I’ll know to book that in the WINTER months! ha!

No comments: