Monday, April 20, 2009

Vacation Day 2 - Beach, Pool and SUN!


On Monday the kids were up at 6:30, so we ate a quick breakfast and checked out the beach bright and early. This was Mia's 1st time seeing the ocean - Max and Megan had seen it before in California a few years back. She was absolutely thrilled. She ran back and forth and yep - got wet. It was really funny to watch - and of course I didn't take the video camera out there. Megan was the one who was hesitant - in fact the whole week there I think she got her feet wet once. I dont' blame her - it is big and huge, and very windy!

This should give you an indication on Mia's excitement.
We could hardly contain her!
Megan was thrilled at the seashells - and collected 30 spectacular looking shells. Everytime we went down, she had a handful to bring back! And, she did a little arting in the sand. I saw lots of messages up and down the beach! This one was the 1st!

Even Scott said this was the most relaxing vacation he'd been on in a long time. He really needed it, so I'm glad it was a good choice!

This is what Mia ended up looking like after the many trips to the water....
After lunch and naps for Mia, we headed out to the pool. The kids would have stayed in the water 24 hours a day if it were up to them. Megan was a really good swimmer - no vest this year! And, Mia liked hanging out on the steps watching everyone. Of course Max made some fast friends and played all week with them.

I had to take this. What you might say looking at this picture is "Honey come on in!" but NO, it was "Honey can you bring me my beer!" Something about the pool brings out the best in everyone...margaritas and beer...gotta love it!
Swim time with Dad

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Looks like a great start to the vacation ... love Mia's face!

Michelle R Photography said...

That picture of Mia is priceless!! I think she liked it. :)

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Mia's face says it all! Glad you had a great trip.

Jenny said...

So relaxing! So happy for Scott- much deserved vacation for all of you. Love the beer picture. I think I could see Steve giving me the same hand signal. What a good wife!