Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vacation Day 5 - Marineland

When I was younger, my parents would take us to visit here at Marineland. It is amazing how I thought it was so much larger than it actually is! The day we visited was perfect. I fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams..to feed and touch a dolphin! (next time I'm splurging for the swim with them!) They are amazing animals, and the kids and I learned so much from our experience!


Some large shark jaw/teeth


Entrance to Marineland
The 1st time the kids saw the dolphins
Max, Megan, and I met Sunny - the 2nd oldest
dolphin in the world - 25 (his mom Nellie is the 1st oldest-56)
we played...
We fed...
and got a little wet!
It was such a great experience. I would highly recommend to anyone!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How fun! We've pet dolphins before but they didn't do their tricks for us. That looked great!

Julie said...

Max looks like he could fit right in as a dolphin trainer.
Glad you had fun.