Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"It's SOOO cold"

I've lived in the south too long. It's been 80-90 here in Ohio. A rare fall. I think Mother Nature has eased us back into the weather up north. But, today..Oh my. It was a high of 52...supposed to be 39 tonight. And, we are FREEZING our butts off! I love Fall weather, but I have to say it's been SOOOO long since I've worn a coat in October. Not only that, my body has been in the south for 5 years...so now 52 is cold! There was a day when 52 was shorts and a sweatshirt. Not anymore!

The family quote for the day was "SOOO cold".

Megan refused to wear a coat to school and wore short sleeves and capri pants with crocs. That's my girl! But, being the good mom I am tucked her fleece jacket into her backpack for recess. She came home and told me it was SOOO cold! (and she was wearing the coat. Imagine...not even a "Thanks mom for my coat")

Max wanted to ride his bike before the bus came this morning, so we all went out early to play in the driveway as usual. He says " Mom It's SOOO cold out this morning! I'm gonna freeze today!" (This smart kid got his own coat)

Mia just laughs. I'm sure if she could say "SOOO cold" she would have said it. But she loves the wind in her hair. (and this cutie wore her jacket with no arguments!)

Can't wait to see what 20 feels like......

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Send it our way! It finally got a bit cooler yesterday but it still warms up to the high 80s each afternoon. Enjoy the crisp air!

Elizabeth said...

Oooo I want seasons. Real ones, when the air is actually crisp in the fall, and not sweltering. :-) The grass is always greener, right?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You definitely get climatized to the south, huh? It sounds nice for us but I don't miss those days of taking twenty minutes to bundle everyone up before you can walk out the door. Enjoy it though!