So, I'm sure everyone saw the game. It didn't matter where I sat, what I ate, what shirt I wore. We lost. BUT. We did show up, unlike last year. I'm sick of LSU...more than that I'm sick of the SEC. I wanted so badly to show them how good the Big Ten is. They already know that deep down - their coaches are from there. Nick Sabin - coach of Alabama (Michigan State), Les Miles -coach of LSU (Michigan) and his defensive coordinator soon to be the head coach at Nebraska is a Buckeye. Urban Meyer from Florida is even an Ohio State grad. So, where does the SEC get their start? Yep, the Big Ten. So am I still proud? Yes, after all we put them where they are.
As a side note. my husband says it is the most hostile territoriy he's ever been in - and we've been to Iowa and Michigan who are pretty tough. I just hope he makes it home safe. And I guess Ohio State can win the class act award. At least they have that.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
So Sorry! I was going to call you during the game, but I was afraid to hear you cry. :-)
It was an exciting first half. I started snoozing soon after once I saw LSU take over.
I did cheer for your team!
Alas, I cannot say i was cheering for the Nuts...or the Big 10 for that matter. After the first 10 or so minutes, i thought it was a great game. I'm not a huge SEC fan, and i only root agaisnt OSU to rile our dear friends, but here are some comments by a columnist on cbssportsline.com that made me laugh:
"If Ohio State played in the SEC, it'd be known as Mississippi State.
There are three inescapable truths to arise from this game:
First, the Big Ten is awful. The Big Ten makes the Big East look like the NFC East.
Second, the SEC has more than earned its star reputation. It's the sexiest, most formidable conference in college football. Nothing comes close. It keeps proving it again and again.
Actually, Ohio State is 0-9 in bowl games against the SEC.
The largest truth to emerge from this game is this: It might be time to re-evaluate the big-game coaching abilities of Tressel.
We think of Tressel as a big-game coach because he beats Michigan every year. But beating the Wolverines is looking less and less impressive. Beating Michigan is starting to become the college football equivalent of beating the New York Knicks."
And here's another from ESPN.com (yes, a little slow here at work today)...you have to love the media's cynicism:
"With the 2007 football season complete, here's the game plan for 2008: We need border patrols along Interstate 10, from Jacksonville to Pensacola. A Coast Guard blockade at Biscayne Bay. And the FAA should redirect all inbound flights to South Florida from Ohio.
If you see a silver helmet and a sweater vest coming, contact authorities.
Because next year's BCS National Championship Game will be played in Miami, and the Ohio State Buckeyes aren't invited. Especially if the Southeastern Conference champion is invited.
If you've ever seen lions maul a water buffalo, you've seen the last two title games. You've seen a fierce pair of SEC teams -- Florida last year, LSU this year -- blow the vulnerable Buckeyes back to the Bratwurst Belt by a combined 41 points. You've seen the best of one league flex, and the best of an inferior league collapse.
Nobody wants to see it a third time. Give Ohio State credit for consistently being very good -- but until Jim Tressel's team proves it can step up to the highest level of competition and actually stay on the field with an SEC opponent, stay away.
When the program's bowl record is 0-9 against the SEC, the evidence is overwhelming.
Buckeyes fans are fond of breaking into impromptu group spelling bees, shouting out "O-H-I-O." When an SEC team shows up on the other sideline it should be "O-H-N-O."
They're also fond of calling their school The Ohio State University. It might also now be called The Overmatched State University of the BCS."
OK Steve James....before you start quoting the media who favored LSU from the beginning and didn't even give us a chance..
1. Where was Texas this year??? Seems the Big 12 had a lack of showing everywhere in the BCS. (Even WV beat the so great Oklahoma)
2. Jim Tressel has a better record than anyone in the SEC this year. We were not supposed to be anything this year - we lost everyone...and yet he rebuilt in one year. 2 Years in a row in the BCS...again NO one has done that.
3. Buckeyes will be there again. 3 times in 6 years. NO ONE has done that.
4. I am friends with Jenny. You, I may have to reevaluate.
Wow! Steve with such passion?!? :)
Sorry about the game, Stacy. I watched it and cheered for your team too...
Oh my word, ya'll are cracking me up! It was a great game, and I was rooting for osu. And I 2nd that remark, where was UT? :-)
Oh I just love the Steve and Stacy rivalry... reminding me of the good old days of you living in Flower Mound!
Test
i finally found your blog... it's about time! :o)
Hey Stacy and Scott, Sorry about your Buckeyes. I can't say that I was rooting for or against them. I was however rooting for a better game than last year. Hey, ease up on my Longhorns. We are still rebuilding since VY left. It takes some time to replace someone like that!!!
I am just supporting friends. Really didn't care about Texas or Ohio. When it comes to your college teams I support whoever is in the room. Lately it's been "Go Bears". Can you guess who I am around?
Michelle
Post a Comment