- DHL came yesterday at 1:30 pm with my new computer
- It is so nice to be back in the land of the living
- I have all my pictures on CD...thank the Lord
- my toddler said a 3 word sentence "I walk Mama"
Bad News
- I thought I backed up my files, only to find I didn't
- I lost my Disney digital scrapbook (4 days worth of the 5 day trip)
- I lost my itunes library, except what is on the ipod already (if anyone knows how you can transfer from an ipod to the computer without wiping it clean...please email me!)
- I lost all my emails, phone numbers, addresses (so if you want a Christmas card next year, email me your address!)
- I lost all my documents....word, excel, etc.
- I suffer from what I call "thoughtitous"....the definition would be "what I thought I did, but didn't"
Lessons Learned
- Don't rely on computers...save a hard copy of EVERYTHING!
- Forgive Dell. I have to say this new one is better than the one I had before.
- BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER !
- Check with a doc if you seem to suffer from "thoughtitous"....it may just be insanity or something yet undefined!



6 comments:
oh, that makes me sick! So glad you have your pictures though. I can send you my whole address file and you can take what you want from it.
Tell me about it. I've been sick over it. I've been through every CD we have. I know I backed it up. I just must have overwrote it in all the chaos and emotional turmoil w/ being on the phone w/ Dell. SO stupid am I. But, I think I may still have the itunes....at least that is a life safer.
Oh! That is terrible. It's one of my big, huge fears!
Oh, that stinks. I hate that you lost all that stuff. SOOOO glad you have the photos though ... the digital scrapbook can be redone, right?
Glad you're back on track, but so sorry you lost everything. How terrible. Even though our computer died (and thankfully was restored with everything intact), I still haven't taken the time to begin the big backup.
Post a Comment