We had a bit of activity on Christmas morning. The night before, none of us slept. I had made chili the day before and we think we all got some bad meat. Anyway, we let Bailey out like any other typical morning, and he didn't come back in. After calling him, I heard him yelp loudly and finally he appeared covered in mulch and bleeding on his nose. I thought it was another dog, but Scott saw a racoon run to our front street tree. Needless to say, it was exciting. The kids didn't understand why we were keeping them in our room..but Bailey had tracked mulch and blood everywhere, and we had to clean it up before Santa could come.After that, the kids came running out with excitement. I heard a lot of "YES!" and "Wow" and "Santa is cool" comments. Max was happy with the Nerf gun and new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. Megan got some littlest pet shop, art stuff, and of course the Candy Cane dog she wanted badly! Mia was THRILLED with Santa leaving her dress up clothes. She stayed in costume all day. Later on my parents came over for a ham/turkey dinner and more presents. Megan gave Grandma her watercolor from zoo camp this summer and Max had made a basket for Grandpa for his desk. From my parents, the kids got new mittens and hats (which they BADLY needed) and Scott got a Garmin and I got Longaberger. It was a great Christmas. Hope all of you had a wonderful time too!



3 comments:
Molly also got a Snow White dress/crown/shoes and also wore hers all Christmas day(and the next)! A Snow White playdate may be in order. Although I don't know if I could take all of the dramatics. Can't you just see our 2 princesses laying on the couch, eyes closed, hands folded on their little tummies, waiting for loves first kiss? Oh my!
You had a wild Christmas! Glad it was successful even with the extra/unexpected activities. :)
What a Christams adventure! Sounds like everything worked out fine though. Aslan loves her dress-up clothes...definitely bring some to Disney with you!
Have a great New Year!
Post a Comment