I'm a little behind in blogging, so there may be a few posts of the happenings this week today! Megan spent her 1st week of summer break going on "Nature" walks around the yard. We've counted bugs, bees (there is a hive to get rid of in the tree house), birds, and butterflies. It has been a perfect weather week - and we all have the red cheeks to prove it!
She found an injured butterfly on the sidewalk, and since he climbed on her hand, well he was named "Climby". She spent the whole day feeding him, talking to him, and taking him everywhere in the backyard (transported via leaves and a dish). At the end of it all, though he did not survive. (I'm not sure if that wasn't cause by all the attention he was getting!)
Sorry Climby!


Friday was field day or "Super Games" at Max's school. Grandma watched Mia so I could take Megan by herself. It was wild! I've never seen a field day like this. Bounce houses, water games, relay games, and cars. The kids had so much fun! Megan even got to participate a little bit..and get wet too.

2 comments:
WOW,field day looks like fun. Sorry about Climby, she should look for worms.
Looks like fun. Sorry about Climby. Kennedy once had a similar experience with a butterfly named Toby ... wing damage with a final death by magnifying glass. Not pretty.
Post a Comment