Has school really been out 4 weeks already?? Time flies when you're having fun. Although I must say, the goals I had for the kids are dwindling. Mia is supposed to be fully potty trained and know her shapes and colors...Meg is supposed to learn how to swim and read...and Max is supposed to learn some harder Math and reading...along with some science experiments. Have I done any of it?? Not really. At least I have 7 more weeks of summer to get through before the big kids start school.This week was Vacation Bible School at Megan's preschool (now Mia's school). The big kids had such a good time, and for once, Mia and I had some really good playdates with her best friend Alexa. It was a lot of shopping, reading, singing, and dancing...along with crying. The 1st day of VBS, I carried her out kicking and screaming - she wanted to stay with the big kids!
Unfortunately I don't have many pictures this week, as the big kids were gone. But I managed to get these cute ones of Mia and Alexa at the Library this morning. After the music show, they were fascinated with some caterpillars on the ground.






4 comments:
I love VBS. I am so glad you got to enjoy playdates. Keep them up.
Sounds like a fun week, love the bug observation w/the girls! Looks like Mia has quite the friend.
Hey girl! I totally understand about not getting all those things done you'd planned...I've got a list, and I hope to still get some of them done. VBS is fun, huh? Glad your kids are going...won't be long before Mia's there too!
So cute -- Mia just gets cuter and cuter!
I totally understand about not getting things done. I put my kids in a reading challenge about three weeks agter it began, and have only just begun some organization projects I meant to have completed. Sigh.
As for Megan's reading, Randi introduced us to Bob Books, and both of my kids became excellent readers right away. You may look into getting some -- they will make your goal more attainable.
Hey, on a totally unrelated note, can you e-mail me the name of the group who did your homestudy locally? Were you happy with them? How invasive was the process?
Post a Comment